Hot Sleeper? 7 Best Weighted Blankets For Hot Sleepers in 2021
- 1 Hot Sleeper? 7 Best Weighted Blankets For Hot Sleepers in 2021
- 1.1 Who Should Use A Weighted Blanket?
- 1.2 Tips For Choosing The Best Blanket for Hot Sleepers
- 1.3 Top 7 Weighted Blankets for Hot Sleepers
- 1.4 1.Luna Weighted Blanket
- 1.5 2.Nature’s Answer Weighted Blanket
- 1.6 3.XXR Weighted Blanket
- 1.7 4.IROS Home Weighted Anxiety Blanket
- 1.8 5.YnM Weighted Blanket
- 1.9 6.ZonLi Bamboo Weighted Blanket
- 1.10 7.Layla Weighted Blanket
- 1.11 Final Thoughts
If you think you could use a hug right about now, weighted blankets might help with that. Weighted blankets have many advantages; anxiety relief, better sleep, and stress relief are just a few to be named. But what if you’re a hot sleeper?
Even if you’re a hot sleeper, you shouldn’t lose hope just yet. You can marvel at the comfort of a weighted blanket without being drenched in sweat. There are a lot of cooling weighted blankets you can find on the market. But which one’s the best for you?
If you’re struggling with finding the best blanket for hot sleepers, then you are in the right place. In this article, we explore all you need to look for in a weighted blanket. So read along, and you’ll be able to pick the best blanket in no time.
Who Should Use A Weighted Blanket?
Weighted blankets are meant to be heavier than a standard blanket. This way, the blanket will conform to the shape of your body and help soothe any anxiousness or stress you might be feeling.
Everyone could use a little hug now and then. But what if you can’t find someone to hold onto in the middle of the night? Although the scientific data on this topic is inconclusive, people with stress, anxiety, and insomnia seem to benefit from these blankets. So a weighted blanket is perfect for anyone looking for a bit of comfort or a way to have a better sleep.
Tips For Choosing The Best Blanket for Hot Sleepers
If you’re looking for a weighted blanket, but you don’t want to spend the night sweating, there are a few things you should consider. An ideal weighted blanket specially designed for hot sleepers should check most of these boxes, if not all.
Things To Consider
- Choose a blanket that weighs around 10% of your body weight. E.g., 5kg blanket for 50kg adults. Anything that’s too light won’t do the job. On the other hand, if you get a blanket that’s too heavy you might get suffocated. So instead of the blanket helping you with anxiety, it will only make it worse.
- Cool-to-the-touch fabrics should be preferred. The purpose of having a weighted blanket is to help you sleep better. But that’s not necessarily the case if you keep waking up during the night because you’re sweating. So keep an eye out for materials that cause a cooling effect. If not then, breathable stuff like bamboo or cotton is also great.
- Look for hypoallergenic alternatives (for people with allergies).
- Absorbent, moisture-wicking material is the ideal choice. Such fabrics are great for overall temperature regulation. So they help remove the heat from you.
- Pay attention to care and upkeep. Machine washable blankets and blankets with covers are fantastic choices.
- Choose a sustainable option.
All of these factors will affect your overall satisfaction with the product. And with the countless options you can find online, these tips will serve as your guide to make the best-educated guess. So before you go on and pick a blanket you love, make sure you’ve done all your research beforehand.
Top 7 Weighted Blankets for Hot Sleepers
Now that you have an idea of what you’re looking for, let’s look at some of the best blankets on the market. The most important thing about a weighted blanket is that it should make you feel safe but not suffocated. So what you’re looking for is a well-balanced blanket.
However, you should know that if you’re using a weighted blanket for the first time, it will take some getting used to. This is because these blankets are designed to put some weight on you to help with anxiety. This will have the same effect as a human cuddle does. So initially, you might feel it’s a little harder to fall asleep. But your body will get used to it in about a week. Then you can genuinely enjoy the marvels of a weighted blanket.
Before we move any further, it’s also recommended that you shouldn’t use the blanket if you have trouble moving. Especially the elderly and pregnant women should be mindful of how a weighted blanket may affect them.
That being said, let’s explore the best-weighted blankets that work wonders for hot sleepers.
1.Luna Weighted Blanket
- Variety of weight ranges 4.5, 5.5, 6.8, and 9kg.
- 7-layered unique design to ensure even distribution of weight.
- It is made of 100% cotton.
When science meets comfort, you get a Luna Weighted blanket. Its innovative design combines seven layers of fabric into one duvet for equal weight distribution. Its super-soft cotton material feels like clouds and gives you outstanding breathability.
With Luna’s intelligent glass bead design, you’ll sleep better than ever before. Luna comes in many different colors, patterns, and weights. So there’s a blanket for everyone. Almost all blankets are suitable for a single person. But there is a king-size option available if you like to snuggle close and share your blanket.
2.Nature’s Answer Weighted Blanket
- The dual-sided design makes it fit to use all year long
- Hypoallergenic beads non-toxic design
- Machine washable cover 30 degrees
The Nature’s Answer Weighted Blanket is a double-stitched cotton blanket that weighs 3.2kg, 6.8kg or 9 kg and will suit all the people in your family. So you don’t need to go through the trouble of buying two separate blankets. It’s made of 100% cotton and comes with a dual-sided cover that has a warm polyester covering on one side and soft bamboo on the other
It also comes with a machine-washable duvet cover. This means you can always get a clean blanket. This is especially great news if you have pets around or if you’re inclined towards cleanliness. Any seasonal shedding or messy paws won’t ruin your blanket as long as the duvet is on. All you need to do is take it off and wash it for a blanket that looks as good as new.
What’s more, is that the blanket has a 300 thread count so it’s perfect for people who have trouble sleeping and require the most optimum nighttime conditions.
3.XXR Weighted Blanket
- Multiple weight options ranging from 4.5 kg to 6.8kg and 9.1 kg
- Various patterns and colors are available
- Open-knit design to promote airflow and prevent overheating
The XXR Weighted Blanket is the ultimate nap blanket for kids. Its small size, breathable design makes it the perfect, soft napping blanket for kids. In addition, this blanket is made of a unique layered design rather than the weighted beaded design. This way, the child enjoys the best heat regulation.
The blanket is made of 100% cotton. So softness, durability, and breathability are something you need not worry about. What makes it unique is the fact that this blanket is machine washable. So even if the kids end up making a mess, they get to have their favorite blanket all cleaned up for them.
Also, there are heavier versions that would be great for adults as well. So no matter what age you are you can get a weighted blanket suitable for your weight.
4.IROS Home Weighted Anxiety Blanket
- Anti-allergic treated fibres to give you the perfect hypoallergenic blanket
- It is made of fine glass beads and quilted cotton
- For use anywhere any time of the day by people weighing 10 percent of your body weight
Do you get anxious at night? Is your night-time anxiety affecting your sleep? Then, all you need is the IROS Home Weighted Anxiety Blanket. This blanket mimics the Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation Therapy proven to combat night-time anxiety.
With a little bit of pressure on your body, it releases all those happy, relaxing hormones. Just like cuddling would, and you get the best sleep you’ve ever had. The glass beads that are carefully quilted in your blanket will ensure the weight and pressure on you are even, so you stay comfy and related all night long.
5.YnM Weighted Blanket
- Seven-layered design to hold micro glass beads in place
- Silky-soft bamboo fabric that remains cool
- Smaller compartments that hold glass beads, so they stay evenly distributed (4.7″ ×4.7″)
YnM Weighted Blanket comes with a unique seven-layered system. This allows the fabric to easily mould to any shape without losing its original shape when you’re done using it. So the blanket will conform to your body as a glove fits in your hand.
This resembles closely to the feeling of being held, which again helps with anxiety. Plus, with its smaller compartments and thinner fibre fill, you get the best temperature control a weighted blanket can offer. It’s perfect for warmer nights.
Finally, the pure, natural bamboo material and seamless stitch make this blanket the definition of comfort. So use it while lounging on the couch or ease your night-time anxiety. The YnM blanket is excellent for relaxing.
6.ZonLi Bamboo Weighted Blanket
- It is made of polylactic acid fibre
- Suitable for use anywhere, during any time of the day
- Glass beads are surrounded by non-glue padding
- Perfect for people with autism, anxiety and ADHD
The ZonLi Bamboo Weighted Blanket is a little different from the ordinary blanket. It’s a little smaller, but that only helps concentrate the weight on your body. Plus, this way, you can use your blanket on the couch, on a picnic, or just on your porch while you relax.
Like any other weighted blanket the ZonLi weighted blanket puts some weight on the user. This is something specifically people with ADHD, autism, and anxiety are looking forward to. But unlike most blankets this one won’t make your body heat up or make you sweat during the night.
This hypoallergenic blanket is made from polylactic acid fiber. This makes it breathable, cool, soft, and durable. Just make sure you protect the blanket from direct heat. This could damage its glass beads. Other than that, you can hand wash the blanket, and it’s also machine-washable. All of this increases the overall convenience of using the blanket.
7.Layla Weighted Blanket
- Three different weight options, between 15lbs-25lbs
- Machine-washable fabric for easy upkeep
- Plush minky and smooth cotton surface with a reversible design for optimum comfort
What’s so special about Layla Weighted Blanket? Its reversible design sets it apart. On one side, you have cotton for optimum breathability, so you don’t get hot in the summer. On the colder days, flip it to the plush minky side to stay warm during the cold winter days. This way you get one blanket you can use all year round. That’s not anything most blankets can boast about.
The blanket comes with glass beads and added polyester for added padding. So you get comfort and no ruffle noise while you shift in bed. You won’t be dealing with any disturbances during the night. And this is also particularly fantastic for light-sleepers.
Besides that, the blanket also has a super smooth and comfortable top layer. It feels just like running your hand over a cloud. This is because of its fleecy soft top layer.
What Are Weighted Blankets?
Weighted blankets are duvets with metal pellets or chains woven into the material to add weight. Most weighted blankets evenly distribute pressure onto a person’s body as they are lying underneath.
They come in a variety of different types, sizes and weights. Some of the heavier varieties weigh upwards of 40 pounds and can easily reduce anxiety, insomnia and sleep paralysis.
What Are The Benefits Of Weighted Blankets?
The benefits of weighted blankets have been questioned by some in the past. The problem is that studies haven’t shown substantial proof that weighted blankets help with mental health disorders. However, people that use weighted blankets have recorded much better quality of sleep, reduced anxiety and longer sleep cycles.
In recent years scientists have engineered new and updated versions of weighted blankets that act as comfort barriers. The science might not yet support the efficacy of weighted blankets but studies have shown that they do help reduce anxiety in several different ways.
All anxious sleepers can be at ease with these weighted blankets. The breathable fabrics and glass bead technology will give you the best of both worlds. So say goodbye to sleepless nights with the most comfortable anti-anxiety weighted blankets.
Among the top 7 blankets, we reviewed the best blanket for hot sleepers was the IROS weighted anxiety blanket. Its deep touch pressure stimulation technology truly sets it apart from the rest. With the bonus of breathable fabric, this blanket is truly unmatched in beating night-time anxiety.
Now that you know all there’s to know about the best blankets for hot sleepers, you can say goodbye to sleepless nights.