9 Best pillows -Get the right support for your sleeping position
- 1 9 Best pillows -Get the right support for your sleeping position
- 1.1 Here is our top rated pillows
- 1.2 tempur pillow review
- 1.3 What type of pillow is best?
- 1.4 What pillows do 5-star hotels use?
- 1.5 What is the most comfortable pillow in the world?
- 1.6 Conclusion
Top of our best pillows list, is the Simba pillow due to how versatile it is, read our full review here. Most times, the quality of our sleep lies on the shoulders of our pillow. A wrong choice of pillow will have you spending several nights in distress. Trust me…I’ve been there, and it’s not pretty at all. However, with so many pillow choices available both online and offline, it could be challenging to find a suitable one.
You really don’t want to spend so much on a pillow that turns out to be a nightmare. So, we will be looking at the best pillows for different sleeping positions, including their pros and cons. This will help you make the right choice while you search for the best pillow for you. We hope you will find your perfect pillow here, wether your a front sleeper or back sleeping, maybe you prefer a firm or soft or if you are after a hypoallergenic pillow to help with allergies you have plenty of choice here.
Memory foam spring
Back and Side Sleepers
Visco Memory Foam
All Sleeping Positions
Back and side Sleepers
Front, Back and Side
All sleeping Positions
Back and Side
All Sleeping Positions
Back and Side Sleepers
Back and Side Sleepers
Here is our top rated pillows
I will be sharing with you my review on the top 9 best pillows to check out. I used universal criteria to determine which ones make this list and that includes, of course, comfort.
That’s the ultimate factor because a comfortable pillow improves sleep quality. I also reviewed the types of pillow fillings to determine the best pillows.
tempur pillow review
Made for side-sleepers, the Tempur Original Pillow comes in both medium and large sizes.
Like most memory foam pillows, it has an ergonomic design, which is meant to promote spinal alignment through firm support to give you a better nights sleep.
The Tempur Original Pillow will undoubtedly help if you are the kind of sleeper that wants proper neck support from a medium-firm pillow while you sleep. This is one of the reasons why it’s on this list for the best pillow.
- Memory foam firmness which stops the pillow from moving when sleepers toss and turn.
- Pressure-relieving comfort due to its visco-elastic foam.
- It has hypoallergenic properties that keep allergens and dust away from the pillow.
- It comes encased in a zipped cover which is washable and can be cleaned conveniently.
- Great for both side and back sleepers
- It is not the ideal choice if you want a soft and squishy pillow.
- Elderly people will find it difficult to manoeuvre this into its pillow case, especially if they have weak wrists.
- Some users have said that it retains body heat.
Octaspring True Evolution Anatomic Pillow
This feather pillow is made by Dormeo Octaspring, a company that uses the same combination of traditional springs and memory foam technology in both its pillow and memory foam mattress.
The True Evolution Anatomic Pillow is no exception and deserves a spot in this review of the best pillow. With its medium level of firmness, the Octaspring True Evolution has 12 firm springs on its edge for neck support and 18 breathable springs in the center for head comfort.
For front sleepers that find memory foams too firm for them, the Octaspring True Evolution Anatomic Pillow is not for you.
- Best for side and back sleepers
- The springs in this pillow are at least 7 times more breathable than traditional memory foams
- Washable cover that molds to the body shape
- Provides firm neck support
- Might be too thick for arthritis sufferers
- Some find the pillow too high for comfort
- Not comfortable for front sleepers
Hypnos Latex Pillow
This Hypnos Latex Pillow is classified as a high profile pillow, which is very much different from a low profile pillow. The high profile is taller than the low profile, which makes the head closer to the bed.
What this means is that this 1.8kg Hypnos Latex Pillow made with natural latex is not an excellent choice for front sleepers. It is not as heavy as some others that we have reviewed, but it is still quite weighty. Great to regulate the body temperature.
Although its outer surface has a bumpy texture, it doesn’t dig into your neck while you sleep.
- Best for back and side sleepers
- Allergy sufferers can use this comfortably as it is an anti-allergy pillow
- High level of durability
- Made with pure latex material
- It could take a while to get used to due to its firmness
- The latex material has an uncomfortable smell that takes a while to fade
Eve memory foam pillow
Made of responsive memory foam, the Eve Memory Foam Pillow has a smooth and elegant design that is adapted to individual sleeping needs.
At a dimension of 66×42 cm, it has a moderate size. This soft pillow could be great for those with posture issues or neck pain. It has a level of firmness that works children, teens, and adults.
If you’re looking for just simple support, then this memory foam pillow could be the one you need.
- Has anti-allergy properties to help those that suffer from allergies
- Made from easy to maintain and durable polyester material
- It is made from breathable material
- Best for easy to maintain cover
- Made from viscoelastic material to support your head
- It is not firm enough to offer neck support
- May have to sleep with two pillows to prevent neck ache
- They retain heat while you sleep
Silentnight ultra bounce 4 pack
We think this is the best bounce back pillow, designed to spring back to its original shape after every night’s sleep.
The Silent ultra bounce Pillow comes with deeply filled hollow fibre that makes this bounce and recovery possible.
These also qualify as microfibre pillows as they are encased in soft microfibre.
It’s ideal for those who are comfortable with side sleeping or sleeping on their back.
- It doesn’t contain allergy-causing materials as it is hypoallergenic
- Machine washable for easy maintenance
- Long-term comfort due to its fast recovery
- Doesn’t last as long as down pillows, as it can go flat after a while
- Not great for front sleepers
The Emma pillow
With its unique three layers that can be taken out based on your preferences, the Emma Pillow lets you choose the side of the pillow to sleep on.
Depending on your sleeping needs, you may find its flatness appealing or discouraging. The cover also has temperature-regulating fibers and is pretty decent for its 1.3kg weight that’s lighter than some other memory foam pillows.
If you need some time to decide if the Emma pillow is right for you, you can take the 200-day trial offer.
- Optimised 3-layer construction for all kinds of sleepers
- Made with breathable fibre fillings that allows air to flow through easily
- Provides head and neck support for front, back, and side sleepers
- The visco-elastic memory foam provides pressure relief
- Takes a while to get used to it
Panda memory foam luxury bamboo pillow
I must admit that I haven’t heard of bamboo being used frequently to make pillows, but it turns out that they can be used to produce a decent one.
Apparently, this sustainable resource is twice as soft as cotton and protects against skin allergies.
With its extremely breathable material, the Panda memory foam luxury bamboo pillow is absorbent, keeping you dry with eco-comfort while you sleep.
- Comes with a 30-night trial
- It provides extra comfort and support due to its triple-layer memory foam
- The bamboo cover is antibacterial, dust mite free and hypoallergenic
- Easy to wash with a washing machine
- Stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer due to its body temperature regulation
- Heavier than normal pillows, might take some users more time to get used to.
Simba hybrid pillow
The Simba hybrid pillow is a combination of medium support and sophistication, unlike some other feather and down pillows.
However, that’s not all that is combined in this soft medium pillow. It has different materials on both sides of the pillow.
One side is the Aerelle fibers encased in Stratos while the other side has an anti-allergy microfibre filling.
One thing that stands out with the Simba hybrid pillow is the small memory foam cubes called nanocubes that can be removed or added to adjust the level of firmness.
- You can adjust the firmness and height based on your preference, simply add or remove the nanocubes
- Made with a cotton cover that is easy to maintain
- Mesh border that provides a cooling effect for great night’s rest
- It is hypoallergenic and durable
- Doubles as a backrest which prevents back pain
- This best pillow has no trial period which you may find discouraging
otty deluxe pure pillow
Despite its high price tag, the Otty Pillow stands out for its breathability and versatility.
This is due to the removable foam fillings in this synthetic pillow that allow you to adapt the height and firmness to your specific head and shoulder size.
The outer cover of this supportive pillow is filled soft duck feather down that adds to the overall quality and is machine washable.
- This is a filling memory foam that is highly versatile
- It is comfortable for the front, back, and side sleepers
- Charcol pillow that eliminates odour
- A hypoallergenic pillow that keeps away dust mites
- It’s expensive compared to other feather pillows
- No 100-day trial offer to test out its level of comfort, just 14 days.
What type of pillow is best?
The best type of pillow usually accommodates more than one sleeping position, including stomach sleepers. The best pillow should also have a money-back guarantee for extra peace of mind while providing excellent value for money. Therefore, the significant factor here is your personal preference.
Different types of pillows include memory foam, microfibre, feather, and down. Memory foams last longer, while those known as a microfibre pillow are affordable despite not being that breathable.
Feather pillows are comfortable and supportive, unlike some synthetic pillows. Finally, a down pillow usually has either goose or duck feather. With varying price points, the most important thing is to look out for comfort and one that fits your sleeping style.
What pillows do 5-star hotels use?
Having slept in a few 5-star hotels in my lifetime, I discovered that there was one thing common with all of them. The pillows were all incredibly soft. There is no doubt that these 5-star hotels invest in luxury pillows as they are quite different from what you would find in most people’s bedrooms.
A major contributing factor is the filling material. Typically, you would find a Hungarian goose down pillow or feather pillow in a 5-star hotel. Other qualities that stand out are the colour schemes and pillow case which blend seamlessly with the hotel bed.
What is the most comfortable pillow in the world?
The most comfortable pillow in the world does come down to personal preference, but any of the best pillows reviewed in this article can qualify as the most comfortable pillow in the world. I can find a softer pillow more comfortable than the thick ones while you would have a horrible night’s sleep if you went for a soft pillow. It all has to do with choice.
However, there are universal factors to look out for. You would certainly benefit from a hypoallergenic pillow that has no dust mites and conforms to your sleeping position without neck pain. There is absolutely no one that would want to wake up with head and neck pain from a pillow. So, this is high on the list when deciding the most comfortable pillow in the world.
The best memory foam would most likely be perfect for an all-rounder. So, look out for the pillow sizes and type of sleeping style it supports when buying a pillow.
So, what do you think about this review of the best pillows? With this information, you can step out into the mattress market to confidently search for your next pillow. We reviewed the best pillows based on comfort, budget, durability, temperature regulation, and support.
Remember, the best pillows included in this list have all shown varying levels of comfort and are quite durable. Carefully check through the features and specifications of the pillows you want to get So, get the best pillow for your sleeping position, and it could be your best purchase yet.